Monday, February 1, 2010

Meta: Change of Direction

So, it's been more than another week, and there's been no decluttering posts. And I've wondered, why? What's the deal? Even when I do throw stuff out, I don't post.

I figured out why: I already know how to declutter. At least, I already know how to do the "find something and throw it out" aspect of decluttering.

It's not as if I've perfected the process. It's emphatically not as if I'm done decluttering. But I already know how to declutter. All that stuff that I used to structure my first posts - lessons learned, guilt rejection, the process of figuring out what needs to go - is rarely a strain any more. I no longer need to talk, or blog about it.  Sure, there are some rough patches left - for example, there are forty or so stuffed animals to cut down to four, and that won't be fun. But those rough patches are the exception, not the rule.

I wish that I had blogged about it, back when I needed to. I'd like that record. But that was then and this is now, and I don't need to blog about the daily divestment process.

So what do I need to talk about? Housekeeping. Housekeeping beyond the getting rid of stuff. And, yeah, sometimes those rough patches. And maybe an occasional rant about those Freecycle recipients that never show up!! So that's the kind of thing that I'll be talking about from now on.

Of course, that means that the blog's name is quite thoroughly wrong. But, well, I'll worry about that later.

Photo: Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment