Sunday, December 13, 2009

DCOTD: Bathroom Potions

Woman sitting at vanity.
So, let's get right to the decluttering, shall we? Only seventeen minutes to get the DCOTD done!

Target: Bathroom

Casualties:
  • Five empty Bath Potion bottles.
  • A deodorant stick with an intolerably perky fragrance.
  • A lovely and expensive jar of hand cream in one of my favorite scents that has gone bad.
  • More stale hand cream, and still more stale hand cream, and a stale Bee Bar. (What's a Bee Bar? Solid hand cream.)  
  • Three Free Gifts With Purchase of... hand cream. OK, hand cream, face cream, and body cream. What's the difference? I suspect that I'm supposed to know.
  • Free Gifts With Purchase of makeup, powder, lipgloss, blush, and "fine liquid hand wash". Oh, and exfoliator. And lip plumper. I'm keeping one concealer stick. That's as close as I ever get to actually using makeup.
Lessons Learned:  
  • I don't use hand cream until the skin on my hands is threatening to peel off, usually only when it's the depths of winter and I'm cooking a lot. So I need to stop buying the expensive stuff, and if I unwarily accept a Free Gift With Purchase, give it away fast if I'm ever going to.
  • I don't use makeup at all. Same as above. (So how, you may ask, do I get all those Free Gifts With Purchase if I don't Purchase makeup? It's the perfume.)
Guilt Rejection:
  • "You paid good money for that hand cream!" Yeah, and it's stale. The end.
  • "You could have donated those to a woman's shelter." There was a Cathy cartoon about diapers that ended with the phrase 'Buy disposable and send a contribution to Greenpeace.' If I feel guilty about not supporting a women's shelter, I will write a check.
Cosmetic jumble: Trashed!

Picture: Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment