Friday, December 18, 2009

DCOTD: The Den


We're on vacaaaaaaaaation! Woohoo!

For some reason, vacation generally means Deep Tidying. Deep Tidying means that I actually go through entire shelves and drawers and baskets and boxes, and even dust them. Oh, my.

Target: My den. My den is a little room about the size of a medium-sized bathroom. In this room, I store a large percentage of my books. And some fabric and patterns. And my jewelry and scarves. And perfume and decant bottle and funnels and baggies and atomizers. And the boxes for every perfume bottle I own. And some vases.

It's pretty orderly after this evening's tidying, and actually has some (very small) empty spaces on the shelves. I will shortly put up Christmas lights. Yay!

Casualties:
  • A half-trashcan of miscellaneous papers, receipts, wrappings, cardboard boxes. Normally I wouldn't count these, but since they've been lurking in the depths of the den for months, I'm decreeing that they count.
Pending:
  • One paperback
  • One children's book
Both in the pile of books to sell or give away.

Trash: Trashed!

Photo: Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment