Sunday, December 20, 2009

DCOTD: Christmas cleaning continues


Target: That last messy room.

I should note that when I say "last", I don't mean that the decluttering effort is done just as I start the blog. Far from it. We've done a lot of decluttering, but there's still tons of stuff in the garage and "attic" just waiting to expand into the house.

And the storage areas of the house are all full to the gills. My goal is to thin them to at least thirty percent empty at least once a year. That way, they can slowly fatten up between thinnings, without spilling over into other areas.

Casualties:
  • Bunches of Christmas light boxes. I never fold the lights up all nice into the box at the end of the season anyway, so I'll just stuff the lights into Ziplocs at the end of the season.
  • Boxes from flats of bottled drinks that we've been keeping junk in. Apparently I thinned the junk sometime in the past few months, because I was able to compress a bunch of half-empty boxes into full boxes and break down and recycle the resulting empties.
That's about all. None of this feels like "real" decluttering, because it's packaging, but, well, it had volume, it wasn't everyday trash, and it's gone.
Packaging: Trashed and recycled.

Photo: Copyright BrokenSphere. Wikimedia Commons.

No comments:

Post a Comment